You may have seen the following notice on a PowerPointⓇ presentation:
This presentation contains fonts embedded for WindowsⓇ and Android™.
Or perhaps this other notice:
The PowerPoint version you are using is unable to read this presentation’s embedded fonts. This may reduce readability of some texts.
The meaning of these notices is that:
- The Editable method of Presentation Font Embedder was used to embed fonts into the presentation file that you are viewing.
- The PowerPoint version (or any other viewer) that you are using is not capable of displaying fonts that are embedded in presentation files using this method.
- The text that was written in the custom fonts is still in the presentation and should be readable. However, it does not appear in the font that the author has intended it to.
Why do I see this notice?
Presentation Font Embedder allows MacⓇ users to embed custom fonts into their presentations, just like WindowsⓇ users have been doing for years. However, only the Windows and Android™ versions of MicrosoftⓇ PowerPoint support the viewing of fonts embedded with the Editable method at the time of writing.
The notice that you see was inserted by Presentation Font Embedder in order to notify users in the case that they cannot view the embedded fonts.
What can I do to view the fonts?
There are two options to view the fonts used in the presentation:
- You could open the presentation in a viewer that supports the display of these fonts, such as Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows, or Microsoft PowerPoint for Android.
- You could contact the presentation author and ask them to send you another copy, this time embedded with the Universal embedding method.
Do all users see this notice?
No. Only users that use a viewer that does not support display of embedded fonts can see this notice. For example, users that open presentations with embedded fonts on Windows will not see this notice (unless embedded fonts were stripped out of the presentation).
I am the author of the presentation – how can I prevent this notice from appearing?
If you want to keep embedding with the Editable method but prevent Presentation Font Embedder from inserting this notice to your presentations, you can change a setting in the preferences using the following steps:
- While the app is running, click on Presentation Font Embedder on the top menu bar.
- Hover over Preferences.
- Uncheck Add notice on first slide for devices that cannot display editable-embedded fonts.